Anti Ragging Policy
The institute shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner herein under:
1. The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institute shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
2. The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those guilty or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension for attending classes and academic privilages.
- Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evalution process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the Institute in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the Institute for period ragging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the Institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution for a specified period, Provided that where the persons committing or obetting the act of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment.